[jifty-devel] [bug] Jifty's I18N support

Ishigaki Kenichi ishigaki at tcool.org
Fri Jan 26 10:50:20 EST 2007

Hi, Agent.

I saw t/TestApp/t/i18n-standalone.t and wondered: was it really
possible to internationalize texts just by changing Accept-Language
header?

I remember sometime last year (maybe July, when I was writing some
Jifty introduction for a magazine) L10N: PoDir's behavior was
somewhat changed, and I rewrote its value for my sample application.
So, make sure first you have installed Jifty properly, especially if
you're trying Jifty on Win32 (just "svn co ..." is not enough if you
have once installed Jifty with ppm. Do "nmake/dmake install" to update
your site lib).  And then, set Lang and PoDir explicitly in your app's
etc/config.yml like:

framework:
  L10N:
    Lang: zh-tw
    PoDir: share/po

or more explicitly:

framework:
  L10N:
    Lang: zh-tw
    PoDir: C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Jifty/po

(where your default po files are installed; you can set this to your
checked-out share/po dir, naturally)

At least just with these, I can see zh-tw-ized Jifty on my Win32 box,
with no code changes.

I think the above i18n test is for something quite different. It sure
has some merit of its own, though.

Kenichi aka charsbar/tcool