[jifty-devel] Mysterious Dispatcher / Jifty::View::Declare vanishing templates

Peter Mottram peter at sysnix.com
Fri Jun 11 13:31:40 EDT 2010

I have an amazing problem with my current app where parts of my app's view
seem to mysteriously disappear. When checking the app all of a sudden some
parts of the view stop being dispatched (dispatcher ends up calling
/errors/404 without noticing the relevant 'on' rule). On restarting jifty
the missing parts reappear but then other parts of the view vanish. The
whole thing appears to be completely random and I am running out of ideas
as to how to debug further.

Could anyone point me to a relevant Jifty->foo piece of magic that I could
examine during dispatching to see what the dispatcher thinks exists within
my view? Any other ideas about bits of Jifty internals I should be hacking
around in to solve this?

I'm using Jifty::Plugin::ViewDeclarePage quite heavily - couldn't face
dropping that but with current issues am seriously considering dropping
back to Mason completely :-(

btw I'm on Jifty version 0.91117 from CPAN.

TIA
PeteM