[jifty-devel] Production hosting setup/config

Mark Aufflick mark-perl at aufflick.com
Mon Feb 8 00:21:08 EST 2010

Jesse, I saw your email (from 2007) about SpamAssassin's apache style perl
pre-forking. Did you ever go down that road? I'm thinking a fast,
multi-child, daemon proxied through apache is the simplest fast way to go.
I'm going to see if Net::Server::PreFork is good enough, but I've seen
inconsistent reports about it's performance.

http://www.mail-archive.com/jifty-devel@lists.jifty.org/msg00905.html

<http://www.mail-archive.com/jifty-devel@lists.jifty.org/msg00905.html>The
other advantage of going to a standalone process (instead of fastcgi) is
that the frontend could be Perlbal (or any other proxy) instead of Apache or
lighty etc.