[jifty-devel] Quirk of Jifty autocomplete java script

Mark Aufflick mark-perl at aufflick.com
Sun Feb 7 20:21:32 EST 2010

(posted from wrong list email - reposting)

The issue is the lastValue value being updated ahead of when it should on
every second keystroke. The iautocompleter code seems over complicated! I
was able to replicate the issue with just iautocompleter.js (obviously no
remote requests happening but I could see the lastValue being updated
incorrectly on alternate keystrokes in the debugger) so it's not just the
replacement update() function.

I have a hack - not a real fix - which requires changing iautocompleter.js
and jifty_interface.js. It also has a slight improvement to remove the time
where there used to be no drop down between a keystroke and receiving the
ajax request (I moved the call to clear() into the success handler).

I'll email the diffs when I get home for posterity but I'll also plan to
move to trunk and then I can fork the github project and apply the patch
there.

Cheers,

Mark.