[jifty-devel] jifty segfault with threads

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 06:28:44 EST 2010

> Regarding launching all my threads first, that doesn't quite  work.

> Part of the Jifty magic was a BEGIN block, which would get  executed
> first regardless of when I started the threads. Unless of course,  I
> could create the threads in a BEGIN block, which I might do.

just drop the BEGIN block, and to the require() when your threads are running.

What exactly happens, is: Jifty creates a database handle in the main thread
upon initialization, then you create a new thread and try to use that handle
in it. Then it doesn;t work :)

> I think  I can work my program as normal, threads and all, and do the
> Jifty stuff in  the main thread. Initial results are positive. :)

what do you need threads for? You can also run separate processes and exchange
data via sockets or something.