[jifty-devel] Can I use Halos with Jifty::View::Declare templates?

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Tue Dec 7 13:41:05 EST 2010

I've been playing with Jifty a bit and I wanted to use the Halos on the
tutorial app so that I can play with them a bit.

The problem is that following the directions in Jifty::Manual::Tutorial
you do not get the show halos and page info links at the bottom of the
page. they show up on the admin page but not in any app (including the
demo apps in the examples directory) that uses a View class to define
the templates instead of mason. is there a way to get those halo links
added with a Jifty::View::Declare template? It looks like the Halo
plugin is still putting code in to support halos but nothing is drawing
the links needed to make them show up and I don't have a clue about what
I need to put in my View class to make that happen.

I'm also wondering if i can have someone modify the look of my templates
without modifying the code in the View class. do I have to stick with
mason for that kind of thing? I only ask because I flat out suck at
making web pages and want to use jifty
to define how everything works and let someone else make it look pretty.