[jifty-devel] question about some warnings and one failed test with the git version of jifty.

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Mon Dec 6 14:07:04 EST 2010

Thomas Sibley wrote:
> On 06 Dec 2010 13:34, William Schaub wrote:
>
>> when I run make test on the git version of jifty I get this warning:
>> You inherit from non-Mouse class (Plack::Response), but it is unlikely
>> to work correctly. Please consider using MouseX::Foreign at
>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Jifty/Response.pm line 19
>>

> I can't replicate this.  What are the versions of your Any::Moose,
> Mouse, and Plack::Response?

Module id = Any::Moose
    CPAN_USERID  SARTAK (Shawn M Moore <sartak at gmail.com>)
    CPAN_VERSION 0.13
    CPAN_FILE    S/SA/SARTAK/Any-Moose-0.13.tar.gz
    MANPAGE      Any::Moose - use Moose or Mouse modules
    INST_FILE    /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Any/Moose.pm
    INST_VERSION 0.13

Module id = Mouse
    CPAN_USERID  GFUJI (Goro Fuji <gfuji at cpan.org>)
    CPAN_VERSION 0.88
    CPAN_FILE    G/GF/GFUJI/Mouse-0.88.tar.gz
    MANPAGE      Mouse - Moose minus the antlers
    INST_FILE    /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1/Mouse.pm
    INST_VERSION 0.87

Module id = Plack::Response
    CPAN_USERID  MIYAGAWA (Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa at bulknews.net>)
    CPAN_VERSION 0.9953
    CPAN_FILE    M/MI/MIYAGAWA/Plack-0.9953.tar.gz
    MANPAGE      Plack::Response - Portable HTTP Response object for
PSGI response
    INST_FILE    /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Plack/Response.pm
    INST_VERSION 0.9952

Hope that helps. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS I started out with the
ubuntu package but ended up unstalling that package
because the online docs didn't work. I also had trouble with installing
the CPAN version with the most recent modules on CPAN so I ended up
removing my site perl files in /usr/local and just did an apt-get
build-dep jifty and then tried the CPAN version, this gave me some
failed tests and so I built the git version of jifty (installing
Jifty::DBI from git first) to get where I am now.