[jifty-devel] Template::Declare Updates

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Tue Sep 22 13:45:48 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 14:39 -0700, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Jesse was foolish enough to give me a commit bit a few days ago, and
> I've been going to town on the Template::Declare documentation. See
> the archives for what I've been about.
> [snip]

you++ for doing all of that.

> * What are the `new_buffer_frame()` and `end_buffer_frame()` methods
>    for? They were not documented, but I see that the catalyst view
>    uses them.

The buffer stuff is my fault, for better integration with Mason.  Buffer
frames are just an abstraction for a stack of stringrefs, the topmost of
which is being appended to.  They're provided for backwards
compatability -- future code should interact with
Tedmplate::Declare->buffer, which is a String::BufferStack.  I've
updated the documentation accordingly.
 - Alex