[jifty-devel] Jifty apps talking to each other

Shawn M Moore sartak at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 16 17:18:33 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 01:47:54PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > Is there any plan for such functionality? Is there some way to do something already now?
> > Or I have to end up in coding raw SQL queries to access the other app's data?
>
> I thought Sartak was working on a Jifty::Model::Net::Jifty at one point.
>
> Shawn, did that go anywhere?
>
> -jesse

It never got that far. I was working on a Net::Jifty refactor that used
real classes. It didn't get far out of the design and prototype phase.
It was a second system. =]

One thing I must warn is that you can't really have two Jifty apps in
the same process, so you're going to have to use the API (or far worse,
the database directly). Net::Jifty should make that less painful than
WWW::Mechanize, I hope!

Shawn