[jifty-devel] Jifty apps talking to each other

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 04:31:43 EDT 2009

hi,

I've got two Jifty apps (made by myself), and now I need to share some data between them.
Ideally I would see it working as follows:

AppOne opens the access to its data via REST or YAML or XML or whatever over HTTP.

AppTwo (potentially running on a different server) has the sources of AppOne
in its Perl include path. Then it would create the AppOne objects just the same way as it
would create its own objects, and internal Jifty logic would access the objects via the network:

my $apples = new AppOne::ApplesCollection;
while( my $apple = $apples->next() )
{...}

Less ideally, but still OK, is to pass the network access details in the object constructor
arguments. Or maybe a wrapper like this:

my $apples = new Jifty::NetWrapper( application => 'AppOne',
                                    object => 'ApplesCollection' );
while( my $apple = $apples->next() )
{...}

Is there any plan for such functionality? Is there some way to do something already now?
Or I have to end up in coding raw SQL queries to access the other app's data?

cheers,
stan