[jifty-devel] MCPAN install jifty: No Joy

donald d.menken at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 3 17:40:25 EST 2009

On 11/03/2009 04:43 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>> Jesse,
>> I append the contents of ~/.cpan/build.  Unfortunately I am not well
>> enough versed to identify where the first failure occurs; the terminal
>> output is so massive that I can't get back to the very beginning to see
>> if there is an early hint there.
>>

> There's a tool called "script" which will help catpure that. What's in
> your build directory doesn't do a whole lot of good. The massive output
> is what we need. pastebin.com may be a reasonable place to upload the
> output of 'script'
>
> -jesse
>
>> I executed two cycles of clearing the build directory, and running the
>> install. In each case I took all of the defaults identified by CPAN.  In
>> both cases, of course, the results were the same.
>>
>> Could you inspect the data and hopefully suggest another step in fault
>> isolation?
>>
>> Don

Jesse,

http://pastebin.com/m1da14be8 contains (I hope) the terminal output
captured by script.

Visible to my eyes in scanning the output, the first hint of failure is
at Email::MIME::CreateHTML, and the next at the make test on
ALEXMV/Jifty-0.09701.tar.gz.

(Thanks for the new knowledge about script and pastebin.  Elderly dogs
like me still enjoy learning new tricks!!)

Don