[jifty-devel] news from debian unstable

Yves Agostini agostini at univ-metz.fr
Tue Mar 24 07:09:29 EDT 2009

I try to build jifty on debian unstable, with a today svn checkout
It's great, no need for patch, much simple config without plugins.
I only need to wait an update for App::CLI

There's now only two failing tests

in t/TestApp/t/11-current_user.t

not ok 8 - User's created_on date is in the floating timezone
#   Failed test 'User's created_on date is in the floating timezone'
#   at t/TestApp/t/11-current_user.t line 34.
#          got: 'UTC'
#     expected: 'floating'

not ok 20 - User's created_on date is in the floating timezone
#   Failed test 'User's created_on date is in the floating timezone'
#   at t/TestApp/t/11-current_user.t line 57.
#          got: 'America/Anchorage'
#     expected: 'floating'

and in t/TestApp/t/20-error-pages.t

not ok 24 - Doesn't have error header
#   Failed test 'Doesn't have error header'
#   at t/TestApp/t/20-error-pages.t line 48.
#          got: "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Stric"...
#       length: 42877
#           matches '(?i-xsm:something went awry)'

I don't have time to make more check now. Maybe somebody can confirm ?

Moreover, I have some question about plugins. How do you want to
distribute current plugins in svn ? One CPAN repository by plugin or
only a big one ?

Maybe we can have some trouble to distribute plugins in debian and
ubuntu. As last debian release create virtual packages for plugins with
the same version number than jifty, I suggest to bump versions numbers
over 0.80408 for:
authentication::cas
authentication::ldap
authentication::facebook