[jifty-devel] New Skin for the Old Database

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:14:42 EST 2009

I'm looking at different MVCs, trying to get them to serve as front ends
to an existing MySQL database.

The part I'm working with first has three tables, Annotator, TE and
TE_Annotator. The Annotator is a person, TE is a thing found and
reported, and TE_Annotator maps the TE to the Annotators.

I'm able to get Jifty to deal with both TE and Annotators, but since
there is no id column in TE_Annotator table, just TE_ids and
Annotator_ids, a datetime column and a comment column, Jifty barfs on it.

WARN - DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'main.id' in 'field
list' at /usr/share/perl5/Jifty/DBI/Handle.pm line 554.
WARN - Maize::Handle=HASH(0xa153798) couldn't execute the query 'SELECT
count(main.id) FROM TE_annotator main  ' at
/usr/share/perl5/Jifty/DBI/Handle.pm line 578.
WARN - Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/auto/Jifty/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/AdminUI/web/templates/__jifty/admin/fragments/list/list

line 84.
WARN - DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'main.id' in 'field
list' at /usr/share/perl5/Jifty/DBI/Handle.pm line 554.
WARN - Maize::Handle=HASH(0xa153798) couldn't execute the query 'SELECT
main.id as main_id, main.te_id as main_te_id FROM TE_annotator main
ORDER BY main.id ASC  LIMIT 25' at /usr/share/perl5/Jifty/DBI/Handle.pm
line 578.

What I'm seeing is the desire of Jifty to have an id for every table. Is
there a way I don't know, short of adding a column to the existing
table, to get Jifty to play nice with that table?

--
Dave Jacoby                         Address: WSLR S049
Purdue Genomics Core                Mail:    jacoby at purdue.edu
                                     Jabber:  jacoby at jabber.org
                                     Phone:   hah!