[jifty-devel] RFC: Improved Template::Declare Wrappers

David E. Wheeler david at kineticode.com
Mon Dec 7 16:34:58 EST 2009

On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:54 AM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>> Well, none of the other keywords are imperative. It's `template`, not `create_template`. Similarly for language keywords for declaring things (`sub`, `method`, `class`, etc.).
>
> I guess my thought process was that none of the other keywords actually
> are imperative - they don't apply action at a distance.

Yeah, but it's an inconsistent interface. I get that you might want to have some sort of marker to demonstrate that it differentiates a bit, but it just seems too weird to me given the rest of T::D.

>> Things don't resolve that way, really. Templates already resolve to paths; so should wrappers.
>
> *grumble* Given that, I think we should prohibit wrappers from wrapping
> things outside the namespace they contain. IE, absolute "/" would be either
> be defined as the root of the current package OR it would be forbidden.

Why would you want to limit it in that way? Personally, I might want to put wrappers in their own packages and import them where appropriate.

Best,

David