[jifty-devel] Perl Certified Hosting

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 17:50:39 EDT 2008

IMHO it's unreal to achieve. I see at least three stumbling
points here:

1. Building all required CPAN modules that are used by Jifty
takes about an hour. That means a lot of modules. A huge lot :-)

2. Sometimes the application maintenance (such as application
upgrade) requires restart of some processes - which is difficult in
hosted environment.

3. VPS hosting is cheap. Today a VPS that is able to run a
Jifty application for $25/month is a reality.

just my 2 cents :)

stan