[jifty-devel] Easier model usage

Kang-min Liu gugod at gugod.org
Mon Sep 1 21:07:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> In the interest of encouraging more of a plugin culture, is there any
> reason not to release this as
> JiftyX::ModelHelpers on CPAN? (I think it's neat and you shouldn't
> take my desire to pluginize more of jifty
> as anything negative at all :)

That's good, and JiftyX is a nice name too :) I'll definitely release
this helper module under this name.

>> You say:
>>
>> db("foo[id=1]")
>>
>> (I did'nt named it DBIx::jQuery for some reason but maybe I should
>> have done that.)
>
> Ooh, that's kind of sick. I'd love to see how more complex code looks
> with it.

I had some thought about this like model relationship can be done like
descendant selector:

db("blogs#3 comments") # grab all comments that belongs to blog post with id=3

Or some jQuery-ish set operation:

db(...).each(sub { });

--
Cheers,