[jifty-devel] plugin cleanups

Ishigaki Kenichi ishigaki at tcool.org
Tue Mar 11 09:54:23 EDT 2008

Hi.

I'm not sure if Module::Install works with subsidiary
Makefile.PLs right now, but anyway, I feel the current
approach (everything acceptable/mature is under lib/,
and other experimental/minor ones are under plugins/)
is reasonable enough. If there're any core plugins
which should be considered minor or rarely used, it's
nice to move them under plugins/. And we may need to
tweak Makefile.PLs under plugins/ (adding (grand)parent
directory to @INC, etc), instead of tweaking the toplevel
one, to test and install minor plugins easier from svn
repository.

I'm afraid releasing plugins separately has less pros
than cons. Out-of-sync plugins would be annoying for
both users and core developers.

For messy optional dependencies, Plagger's Makefile.PL
and yamls under deps/ might be interesting for you.

Cheers,
Kenichi aka charsbar