[jifty-devel] column changes in schema update

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 08:53:17 EST 2008

hi,

I couldn't find any easy way to add 'is indexed' property to a column that is
already in the database. If I increase the version in "since" for that column,
Jifty tries to create a new column without checking if it exists already.

I suppose the same problem occurs if I need to change the column type, say,
from varchar(50) to varchar(100).

I think the right way would be to check if the column exists and try to
alter it, but it might be tricky to figure out what exactly has to be altered.