[jifty-devel] 2 questions : Login & mysql2jifty

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:34:34 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:03:03AM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > I try also to use a existing mysql database.
> > Is it possible to have directly model from the description of my database ?
>
> That's what jifty does.
>
> run "jifty schema --print" after setting up your models.

It does produce same output, but I think that OP thought about
constructing Jifty models from database schema.

That might be something I would also find useful. Hm.

DBIx::DBSchema allready knows about it, so why not just generate models? I
would actually prefer code generation here instead of magic so I'm able to
refactor it later...

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin