[jifty-devel] integrating/growing jifty apps into bigger ones

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 22 10:26:51 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:36:30AM +0100, piotr pogorzelski wrote:

> >i was thinkink about fastcgi, i just cant see other soluion if i want to
> >try build several small jifty apps and later integrate them into big
> >one. if not choosing the same namespace, later (to my knowledge)
> >integrating those apps will neeed running several servers, using some
> >rewrite apache hacks etc.
> >keepeng the same namespace, allows me to some write makefile scripts
> >which will putt all pieces into a big cake.
> >
> >but maybe is other solution, thats why i'm asking :)

So. One thing that _should_ be possible is to build your mini-apps as
plugins. In jifty, a plugin can provide models, actions, templates,
notifications and so on (look at the Authentication::Password) plugin.

It should be possible to have a "MyMiniApp" application and to write
each of your features as a plugin, so that you could eventually combine
them into one giant master-application