[jifty-devel] canonicalize_ ajax call not doing the right thing

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Jan 8 14:25:09 EST 2008

Peter Mottram wrote:
> I'm seeing some weirdness when using canonicalize_ inside my model as
> there is a difference between how the ajax call handles things (badly)
> and how the final POST request handles things (correctly).
>
> Here's an extract of the relevant parts of my model:

> So the ajax validator sees an empty value! If I enter somthing nice and
> simple like '45th e4' then the result via ajax is correct as it returns
> '45THE4'.
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction as to where to
> start poking around in the Jifty code?

I'd definitely start with the firebug XmlHttpRequest logging to see
what's being posted to the server. Is the problem on the js side or the
 perl side? From there, it should be pretty easy to add a model to the
jifty TestApp and a small test file which reproduces the problem using
Test::WWW:Mechanize. Once you've done that, send a patch to jifty-devel,
and make it all our problem ;)

Best,
Jesse