[jifty-devel] [Jifty-commit] r5145 - in jifty/branches/jquery: share/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/SinglePage share/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/SinglePage/web share/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/SinglePage/web/static share/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/SinglePage/web/static/js share/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/SinglePage/web/static/js/singlepage share/plugins/Jifty/Plugin/SinglePage/web/static/js/singlepage/rsh

hlb hlb at handlino.com
Thu Feb 21 10:05:58 EST 2008

We have considered the [History & Remote plugin][1] of jQuery and the
[Browser History Manager][2] of YUI too. They are both in our
candidate list.

There are two major features added into SinglePage plugin:

1. You can backward/forward, even backward/backward/forward/backward/
forward/...
    as many times as you want. It is because we push the Jifty
fragment information into a
    history storage, so we can take it back and perform ajax request
each time even if the
    original HTML link element is not exist.

2. When you paste /#/abc in location bar, or click the reload button
any time, you will be
    redirected to /abc. So people can bookmark without getting lost.

3. We have defined our own SPA js object, and put all logic inside
it. So it is very easy to
    use other libraries/plugins if we want.

We do want to use the history & remote plugin (because it is written
in jQuery!), but it does
not have a history storage. So it is not easy to make feature 1.
Klaus Hartl said[3] he will
rewrite it, so we can just wait for a better future ;-)

The Browser History Manager of YUI is much powerful than others. It
is really a state
machine and can play with other YUI widgets nicely. But it is a
little hard to use, and
it does not support Opera and Safari 2.x well.

The size of minified JS file:

RSH: 12KB
History & Remote: 4KB
Browser History Manager: 8KB

I think it is acceptable to use RSH for now, and to see if others
will be better.

[1]: http://stilbuero.de/jquery/history/
[2]: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/history/
[3]: http://www.stilbuero.de/2007/10/23/jquery-ui-tabs-aka-tabs-3/

----
Liang-Bin Hsueh, a happy designer
msn/gtalk: hlb at handlino.com
http://handlino.com/

在 2008/2/21 上午 7:28 時,Dobrica Pavlinusic 寫到: