[jifty-devel] Some dependencies missing in CPAN install

David Graff graff at ldc.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 8 03:56:30 EST 2008

Maybe it's just me, but when I tried a first-time CPAN install of Jifty
just now ("perl -MCPAN -e "install Jifty" on macosx 10.5, perl 5.8.8),
it failed at the final stage until I did the following additional
installs on my own (based on seeing the error reports from "make test"
on Jifty-0.71129.tar.gz):

 perl -MCPAN -e "install IPC::PubSub"
 perl -MCPAN -e "install HTML::TokeParser::Simple::Token"
 perl -MCPAN -e "install Email::MIME::CreateHTML"

Maybe the problem is that these modules are only required by the test
scripts, hence don't get automatically added to the prerequisites while
"Running make for S/SA/SARTAK/Jifty-0.71129.tar.gz"?  They don't cause
trouble until "make test".

(Actually, I think Email::MIME::CreateHTML is the thing that requires
HTML::TokeParser::Simple::Token, and it seems to do so in the same way
that Jifty requires IPC::PubSub and Email::MIME::CreateHTML -- i.e. only
during "make test", not as a dependency during "make".)

	David Graff