[jifty-devel] Jifty's wiki has been updated, good source for newbies

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 19 22:17:00 EST 2008

Hi,

Jifty's wiki that's based on wifty that is written using Jifty :) has
been updated to the latest version from trunk.

What's most important is that email notifications have been fixed.
It's really strange nobody reported this earlier (may be I've missed
that).

Wifty has been refactored all over the place:

* Switched to User and Authentication::Password plugins instead of
deprecated Login plugin
** switch was pretty straightforward

* Switched to Template::Declare from Mason
** as well, released a new Template::Declare with cleanups and speed
improvements, development release available from CPAN for testing -
http://search.cpan.org/src/RUZ/Template-Declare-0.31_01/Changes

* Switched to new plugin ViewDecalarePage it's a new implementation of
Page classes with good documentation and targeting easy subclassing
for layout adjustments
** Sure I have to write it first, but it was really exciting. I hope
you'll enjoy it.
http://svn.jifty.org/index.cgi/jifty/view/jifty/trunk/plugins/ViewDeclarePage/lib/Jifty/Plugin/ViewDeclarePage/Page.pm

* Added Atom feeds with three variants: full, headlines and diffs

* In history is now AJAX based

* some css overridings were dropped, so jGrowl messages work as well
as other things

* a lot updates to make Wifty localizable

Please test http://jifty.org and report if anything is wrong.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.