[jifty-devel] Jifty::Plugin::I18N

Chia-liang Kao clkao at bestpractical.com
Mon Oct 29 00:54:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've just committed the I18N plugin to jifty.  You can now extract _("")
strings from your javascript, translate it along with your po file,  and
generate json dictionary.  the plugin will make your app download the
dictionary, and provides an action change the user's current language.
However you do need to call "Localization.switch_dict(lang);" along with
submitting the SetLang action, perhaps with the beforeclick hook.

TODO:
  - a generic template view that provides the language selector along
with switch_dict call.
  - dynamically generate the json dictionary so there's no additional
step before deploying.  the problem is LML already throws away the
source information when we get the language handle, we need either be
able to inspect to po comment or parse it with other modules like
Locale::PO

Cheers,
CLK