[jifty-devel] Show/Hide region with effects

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Mon May 7 15:21:47 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 08:57:07AM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>> There would be a solution on the JavaScript side which would require to
>> change the whole JavaScript logic in Jifty. I already thought on that in
>> december:
>>> What I was breaking my head about the last few days: Is there an elegant
>>> way of applying an effect _before_ doing an update to a region?
>>> Technically this is not a problem, using the 'afterFinish' hook of an
>>> effect to fire the region update. To allow this, there would be a need to
>>> keep something like a TODO list inside the "Jifty.update()" method that
>>> triggers its next item by a final hook of the previous item. Everything
>>> concerning the same region would have to run sequentially, different
>>> regions could run in parallel.
>>

> I believe yves just contributed a 'beforeclick' handler into Jifty.

I *love* beforeclick. I got chep AJAXy effect by hiding two elements on page using
Element.hide when user select delete :-)

But, it seems that confirm is triggered after beforeclick, which just seems
wrong. In my case, I hide results with beforeclick and *than* ask user "are you sure?".

Or do we need afterclick which is triggered after confirm?

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin