[jifty-devel] non DB models Actions

Salih Gönüllü salih at ip-plus.net
Sat May 5 07:06:49 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I would like to include  non DB datastore models to Jifty  ( for example
LDAP ). I will not worry in the first phase about schema
generation/maintenance.

Will something similar to what is described here be a solution ?

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/jifty-devel/2007-February/001097.html

The LDAP based models are associated to something deriving from
Jifty::Action::Record like MyApp::Action::Record::LDAP

And then define:

MyApp:Action::Record::LDAP::Create
MyApp::Action::Record::LDAP::Delete
MyApp::Action::Record::LDAP::Update
MyApp::Action::Record::LDAP::Search

That Model related action will inherit...

Does it make sense  ? Or non DB models are difficult and should I
content doing something similar to here ?

http://svn.jifty.org/index.cgi/jifty/view/Sifty/trunk/lib/Sifty/Dispatcher.pm

Cheers,

       -salih