[jifty-devel] Unreferenced scalar error

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Wed May 2 09:06:25 EDT 2007

Hello,

After much poking around I now have a minimal test case that
demonstrates the issue I have been seeing. Attached.

The test script 'connection.t' fails for me, ending with:

WARN - -------- pre dump at ../guava/lib/Carp/Heavy.pm line 54.
SV = UNKNOWN(0xff) (0x1f886c0) at 0x1b6cc40
  REFCNT = 1
  FLAGS = (PADBUSY,PADMY,POK,pPOK)
not ok 5 - get http://localhost:12523/overview
#   Failed test 'get http://localhost:12523/overview'
#   at t/connection.t line 18.
# 500
# Server closed connection without sending any data back
# Looks like you planned 10 tests but only ran 5.

where much of the output is from the tweaked Carp::Heavy that is in lib.

In lib/Guava/View there are comments that let you change this output,
either turning it into a malloc error, or getting rid of it.

Please could you try this test on your machines and see if you too get
theses errors.

Cheers,
  Edmund.

ps my 'perl -V' and errors from the test run are in perl_-V and errors.
all jifty code and Template::Declare r3187

--
In reality I'm evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk - http://ecclestoad.co.uk