[jifty-devel] Test server dieing after a few requests

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Wed May 2 05:21:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm having trouble in that my test server dies after a few requests.
I've traced the issue all the way back to File::ShareDir which is used
to work out where the plugin specific .po files are. This is used by
J::I18N->refresh which is enabled when in DevelMode.

The error appears to be related to Carp trying to manipulate a readonly string.

Although I have this problem on my app I can't replicate it on other
apps, or easily reduce my app to a failing test case. Please could you
try the attached test script on your projects to see wether the issue
lies with Jifty or with my code. You will need to change $test_url so
that it requests a database backed page.

Interestingly it only occurs after a few requests so I think it is
related to something that is being cached.

Cheers,
  Edmund.

--
In reality I'm evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk - http://ecclestoad.co.uk