[jifty-devel] RE: [Jifty-commit] r3005 - in CASPlus/trunk: . bin doc etc liblib/CASPlus lib/CASPlus/Action lib/CASPlus/Model shareshare/po share/web share/web/static share/web/templatesshare/web/templates/_elements share/web/templates/user t var

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp andrew.hanenkamp at boomer.com
Sat Mar 17 13:56:51 EDT 2007

I'm just sending aa announcement about the CAS+ (the CASPlus project on
Subversion). Jesse offered to host the public repository for CAS+ a
while back when I mentioned it to him.

Basically, I've written an implementation of the CAS server protocol in
Jifty. This is kind of a toy and kind of something I'm taking seriously,
so look at the docs in CASPlus.pm for the features that I hope to
implement in it (or already have).

As of this writing, the app is dependent on the virtual-models branch of
Jifty since it creates User and Role profiles using database-backed
tables. Though, if you don't touch the profiles, it might work without
(I haven't tried).

Feel free to hack it if you're interested. If you want more details on
how I got started on this, I wrote a blog post announcing it as well:

http://contentment.org/2007/03/17/cas_coming_to_an_svn_server_near_you

Some interesting facts about it and how it uses Jifty:

 * It uses Jifty actions, but via explicit calls to them from the
Dispatcher to match the CAS protocol (no continuations are employed for
the CAS-specific bits).
 * It uses the virtual models branch to build tables on the fly to hold
custom profile information.
 * It adheres to all of CAS 1.0 and CAS 2.0 protocols, with the
exception that it deviates from certain SSL requirements (mostly because
I haven't added SSL to the test service or test server and because I'm
making SSL support optional). Over SSL it should work with AuthCAS, but
I haven't been able to test that yet.
 * I've tried to document/comment everything as completely as possible
as I go and I have added tests for most features before I add them, so
it should be pretty easy to comprehend and relatively robust.

Cheers,
Sterling

--
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp