[jifty-devel] Filehandles in actions

jpollack at gmail.com jpollack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 15:18:05 EST 2007

Thanks for your reply.  I had figured out earlier that I could access
the contents of the file by stringifying what argument_value returned,
or doing local $/; <$fh>, as you have.  What I'm curious as to,
though, is what creates that $fh in the first place, and what is it?
It's not a "normal" filehandle that I can determine.  Hence, perl
functions that are meant to work with IO::Handle don't work.

Looking at ref of $fh tells me that it is blessed as 'Fh'.  I am
ignorant as to what type this is, and CPAN isn't helping.

Thanks for your example though, making a cookbook entry is a good
idea, and I'll reformat that into one once this is solved.