[jifty-devel] Example of a form that sends its rusult to the own region?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 18 11:51:39 EDT 2007

On Jun 17, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

> Maybe I'm blind but I'm just overwhelmed by the rich set of
> documentation and at the moment I cannot figure out how to write a
> simple form with a simple submit button that sends the content of a
> simple text field only to its own region.

So, you have a region defined ok, right? And you _can_ get at Jifty-
 >handler->cgi to get your argument (though we'd normally be running
CGI params through a Jifty::Action)?

I _think_ that the automatic region submit stuff will only submit
action parameters, not all form fields (though Firebug will tell you
for sure)

I think Sterling explained the as_button/as_link stuff, so you can
render the Jifty->web->link as you want.

If you explain what you're doing i na bit more detail, I can help
fill in missing pieces. (Though I'm offline from 20 June to 4 July).

Best,
Jesse