[jifty-devel] Chart plugin

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Tue Jul 31 23:33:40 EDT 2007

trs,

You mentioned adding support for PlotKit on the channel, which looking
forward to. If you want I just wanted to let you know that if you wanted to
take license with the API, please do. What I put together was just the bare
necessities to make it work and not necessarily what I consider to be ideal.
And chart() definitely needs more keys with meaning defined. Currently, I
only define width, height, type, and data (and even type is a little vague).

I also wanted to mention that it's undocumented, but if you pass a coderef
to any of the parameters they are processed into the return values of those
coderefs (which are passed the argument list). This seemed like a good idea
at the time, but now I'm not sure. Seems a little gratuitous in hindsight.

I have considered adding the alternate notion of the "data" key, which is
currently used to set the data sets used by the chart. The alternate notion
would be to add each data by point. The Renderer superclass could then
provide a normalization routine to convert between them as necessary.

Cheers,
Andrew