[jifty-devel] Mailer doesn't seem to work

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Sun Jul 29 03:19:15 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 00:43 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> Can you send the configurations you're using? We're using the
> Sendmail transport in production.  Is there a chance that there isn't
> a proper sendmail binary in your path?

debian etch, postfix.  there was no sendmail bin in the default path so
I linked it into /usr/local/bin.  Maybe some incompat with postfix's
sendmail bin.  I switched to using SMTP and still no luck.  I've tried
just ['localhost'] for the MailerArgs and also [Host => 'localhost'] and
also just leaving it blank.

ERROR - Error sending mail: Can't call method "address" on an undefined
value at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Email/Send/SMTP.pm line 24.

another error about not being able to connect to localhost.

I installed MIME::Lite and both sendmail and smtp sending methods work
flawlessly.  I'm at a loss.

-Matt