[jifty-devel] trunk breaks Create

Matthew Lenz matthew at nocturnal.org
Tue Jul 24 13:43:49 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 09:15 -0700, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Matthew Lenz wrote:
>
> > All the Create actions in my app stopped working with the most recent
> > version of the trunk.  Just thought I'd give someone a heads up.
> >

> Matt,
>
> What trunk version did you update _From_?

I found the problem.  It was a configuration issue with PubSub stuff in
the config file.  I had changed Enable: ~ to Enable: 1 and forgot about
it and didn't find the problem until I tried to do Creates.  Everything
else was working fine.

Is there an explanation somewhere of what the PubSub stuff does?  My
current config is the default:

  PubSub:
    Backend: Memcached
    Enable: ~

what does the ~ do?  I installed memcached and enabled the log files
with -vv verbosity and I don't see it interacting with memcached at
all.