[jifty-devel] Upgrading Jifty::Notification to support multipart/alternative

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Fri Jul 13 14:47:59 EDT 2007

Multipart email is too damn confusing. ;)

I prefer the idea of keeping everything together in a single
Notification class, but with the added ability to create attachments
and separate text and HTML bodies.

In addition I'd be supportive of and would be willing to help
contribute code that would automatically translate an HTML
representation into a fairly typical text body (i.e., change bullets
into formatted "*" lists, numbered lists into the equivalent text,
etc.).

It seems like something like this would be easier if Notifications
were always handled by the same class: A new user mixin that would add
a "preferred_format" column to remember "no preference", "text only",
or "HTML only" would be a great addition as well.