[jifty-devel] Bug in Jifty::Record::columns leading to problems in "jifty schema --setup"

Sean E. Millichamp sean at bruenor.org
Thu Jul 5 10:29:38 EDT 2007

Henry Baragar wrote:
> I have not be able to figure out why it does this, but I can tell you that it
> does not list "customer_id" twice if the "refers_to" is removed, nor if the
> column is named something else (such as "customer_di").

There is internal Jifty magic with column names ending in "_id".  You
can add an _id to a refers_to column to get the actual numerical ID back
instead of the actual object.  As a result, you can't name refers_to
columns with an ending of "_id", things get confused.

This bit me for hours once a long time ago and, now that I'm thinking
about it, I don't think I ever contributed a documentation patch.  Shame
on me :(.

I don't have time to craft one at the moment, but if you do I'm sure it
would be welcomed.

Sean