[jifty-devel] Status of Login plugin

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Sun Jan 7 08:29:50 EST 2007

John Peacock wrote:
> Something in the deeply magical part of the Jifty code is messing up the
> inheritance model and loading the first class ending in "User" instead of using
> the correct class.

Nope, I'm just an idiot.  I've rediscovered that J::P::L::A::Signup::arguments
is simply not designed to work as an inherited method, since it immediately
calls $self->SUPER::arguments.  However, I am a little confused how to fix this,
since the arguments() method is being called (by Jifty::Action line 135) on
behalf of each field in the User model, but which field is being checked isn't
being passed.  How is Signin supposed to get to the database fields themselves,
without them being hard-coded?

John

--
John Peacock