[jifty-devel] Status of Login plugin

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Jan 5 17:44:33 EST 2007

It seems like everytime I make a little progress, I find another corner case
that doesn't work right.

What works is that I can add new fields to the User::Schema and the Admin pages
work correctly (display all fields not marked Unrendered and create a record).

What is not working is using the conventional Action/Signup.pm page, which still
tries to reference Jifty::Plugin::Login::Model::User.  If I don't inherit from
J::P::L::Model::User and copy all of the code into the APP::Model::User, it does
work with Signup.

Something in the deeply magical part of the Jifty code is messing up the
inheritance model and loading the first class ending in "User" instead of using
the correct class.

John

--
John Peacock