[jifty-devel] RE: [Jifty-commit] r2859 - in Jifty-DBI/trunk: lib/Jifty/DBI

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 28 11:43:23 EST 2007

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:
> What about cases where someone might use Storable and base64 together?

Good point.  I'll rework the check.  Maybe make it just a warning and
non-fatal?  That could be annoying though to people using it correctly.

> It also seems like this patch breaks the separation of concerns between
> the filter and record classes. If there's going to be error checking
> about the column being the correct type for a filter, it needs to be a
> check done by the filter.

The reason for being in the record class and not the filter (the best
place, I agree) is because in the filter it can't be checked at Jifty
app start time, which is ideally when such a check would run.

Ideas?

Tom