[jifty-devel] suggested changes for installation doc

Edgar Whipple jifty at misterwhipple.com
Tue Feb 27 22:59:16 EST 2007

There are bugs in some of Jifty's install dependencies that can prevent
automatic installation, e.g. via CPAN. Once I've got all I can, I'll see
where I can add them to the Jifty wifty pages and manual pods. Comments
and additions are welcome.

DateTime::Format::ISO8601 v0.0403 has a bug that chokes on the fact that
1 Jan 07 was a Monday, so 'make test' fails. Details and a patch here:
http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=24335. Manually forcing
'make install' is not recommended. This bug appears to affect all
systems.

rpm-build-perl v0.6.1 makes a false assumption about the location of
Cwd.pm, causing 'make test' to fail. To work around, run 'make test' by
hand in the rpm-build-perl build directory. If no errors are found other
than the ones in the bug report, run 'make install' by hand. Details at
http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=25072. This bug does not
affect all systems, depending on the install location of Cwd.pm and the
value of $Config{installarchlib}.

Class::Accessor::Named (an optional dependency) fails 'make test'. This
appears to be due to a bug in Test::Dependencies falsely determining
that several modules used in Named.pm are not run-time dependencies:
Class::Accessor, UNIVERSAL::require, Hook::LexWrap, and Sub::Name. If no
other test failures are seen, it should be safe to run 'make install' by
hand. However, it wouldn't hurt to double-check that the modules listed
in Named.pm are actually present.

Edgar
--
ln -s /dev/null ~/.sig