[jifty-devel] Ideas for Jifty plugins

Edgar edgar at misterwhipple.com
Tue Feb 13 00:05:11 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 16:06 -0600, Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:
> If you want to check out the virtual-models branch, I've already built
> the basic UI, since Jesse had already laid the ground work for
> instantiating models on the fly. Currently, it works very much like the
> built-in __jifty/admin/model forms right now.

[snip]
> Anyway, I just started on these, but I'm progressing pretty quickly. If
> you're interested in what I've done so far, you can see the ModelBuilder
> plugin in the virtual-models branch in the SVN repository.

It took me a while, but I got it going. The hard part was figuring out
that I needed to manually browse the __jifty/builder/model/ URL.

Interface-wise, this looks like exactly what I had in mind. When it's
farther along, I can add a view to produce the module skeletons I was
thinking of.

I'd be willing to lend a hand with ModelBuilder, though my experience is
modest. Could you use a lackey or henchcoder at this point?

-Edgar