[jifty-devel] Idea for Template::Declare::XML

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Thu Aug 9 21:53:02 EDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Agent Zhang <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/10/07, Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp <sterling at hanenkamp.com> wrote:
> > Okay, so after discussions in the other thread about the
> > Template::Declare::Tags stuff, the revision here is that the
> > Template::Declare::XML would be used to declare a TagSet package that
> could
> > then be imported into any template package.
> >

> __And__ it can optionally generate a DTD spec and/or an XML schema file ;)

Sure, why not?

Now, should this be another class tied to Template::Declare or something
separate? I thought about XML::Declare, but that sounds like you're building
XML, which this isn't doing. Not a bad name overall, but I don't know if
it's right. How about XML::TagSet as the top-level package and then
XML::TagSet::Declare being the Object::Declare with the schema() sub:

use XML::TagSet::Declare;
use XML::TagSet schema {
   # blah blah
};

This becomes a supplement to Template::Declare, but as you mentioned, could
also be a tool for generating a DTD spec or XML schema as additional parts
that could be usable independently of Template::Declare. I dunno though. I
think I'm going to give it a shot though, I have some time tonight to play
around.

Cheers,
Andrew