[jifty-devel] Chart plugin: Handling scripts in regions

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Sun Aug 5 20:37:13 EDT 2007

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp wrote:
> I did discover a problem with PlotKit (which helped lead to the creation
> of SimpleBars), which is that it doesn't support much without the Adobe
> SVG Viewer installed. Since our clients use IE 6 and IE 7 almost
> exclusively, that's probably not a great solution.

Are you sure?  I thought PlotKit only needed the Adobe SVG plugin when
it rendered SVG charts.  Jifty's PlotKit doesn't have any code to render
SVG charts right now, only canvas charts, which are supported in IE by
Google's Ex(plorer)Canvas.  IE (with no SVG plugin) seems to render
Jifty's PlotKit charts just fine for me.

The PlotKit website says: HTML Canvas: Safari 2+, Opera 9+, Firefox
1.5+, IE 6 (in emulated mode)

Cheers,
Tom