[jifty-devel] Re: [Jifty-commit] r1951 - in jifty/trunk: plugins/Login/share/web/templates

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 11 12:34:44 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:28:39PM -0400, John Peacock wrote:
> jifty-commit at lists.jifty.org wrote:
> >Log:
> > r27366 at 113:  jesse | 2006-09-11 17:22:00 +0100
> > * Get the signup form in the login plugin to respect locally defined
> > schema for the user class
> >

> You'll also have to tweak:
>
> 	plugins/Login/lib/Jifty/Plugin/Login/Action/Signup.pm
>
> which assumes too much about the makeup of the schema.  I was toying
> with something like this:
>
> which provides an overridable method valid_arguments that could be used
> by a subclass to tailor the arg cleanup (there are certain fields in the
> schema which shouldn't be shown as arguments).

*nod* I'm finding it a bit difficult to drop the plugin into a new
application.  It feels like I need to customize all of the templates and
all of the actions. And at that point, well, the point of having a
plugin is sort of defeated.  The biggest thing is that I really, really
don't want to have my model class inheriting from the plugin. Have you
pondered ways around this?