[jifty-devel] Classloader's loader

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Oct 19 07:00:21 EDT 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I believe the return value checking was entirely to work around people
> not getting their Dispatcher rules right.  We definitely want to be
> using UNIVERSAL::require's require and not M::P. (Just to be clear,
> we're talking about Jifty::Util->require(), right?

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of using Module::Pluggable?  I fought with
require() quite a bit, trying to get the plugin stuff working consistently.  It
was my definite impression that M::P needed to overload require() in order to
hook into loading the Pluggable modules correctly.  Of course I could be wrong.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group