[jifty-devel] debugging jifty, EMAGIC

Gaal Yahas gaal at forum2.org
Mon Oct 16 08:45:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:33:36PM +0200, Gaal Yahas wrote:
> Now, I was thinking maybe there was some lexical error or something in
> my action class, and it wasn't being loaded so a default null action
> was installed instead. (Does the class loader stay silent when that
> happens?) But because I can't debug, earlier I also had tried inserting
> a call just before Jifty::Action:212, to a method in my action class
> that just emits a debug print. That call was successful. What gives?

There *was* a syntax error, and it was silently ignored. I had semicolons
instead of commas in a hash construction. Can we make the classloader
louder on errors please?

The problem is that eval is not atomic. This:

   eval q{
      sub foo { print 42 }
      sub ugh { if 42 { 42 } } # syntax error!
   }
   foo();

Does print 42.

I still don't know why Jifty won't work correctly under the debugger.

--
Gaal Yahas <gaal at forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/