[jifty-devel] [bug] next_page method and templates in utf8 encoding

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:29:11 EST 2006

Hi, all~

Jifty->web->form->next_page( url => '/some_url' ) seems to lead me to
bad encoding problems when the some_url template is in UTF-8. I've
checked in a minimal Jifty app to demonstrate this Jifty bug.

This app is located at http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/unisimu/tmp/JiftyBug/

After checking out this repos, simply do the following command:

jifty schema --setup
jifty server

and then point your web browser to http://localhost:8888/search1

Yes, so far so good. The chinese characters are displayed properly on /search1.

Then click on the search button, the next_page method will lead you to
/search2. This time you won't see any valid chinese characters but
something even we Chinese can't understand.

Bug the search2 template file is almost identical to search1 and both
are in UTF-8 encodings.

Because I'm on Win32 so I have no idea if you can reproduce this on
*nix platforms. So anyway, I could be wrong. If I'm doing something
obviously stupid, please let me know. :)

Audrey said on #perl6 tonight that she had just committed a patch to
Jifty which may had already fixed this issue. But it seems not. :(

 Thank you for your patience. :)

Regards,
Agent