[jifty-devel] Re: [Jifty-commit] r2031 - wifty/trunk/etc

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Nov 2 19:50:00 EST 2006

> Otherwise, I am confused about your comments...
>
> Regarding "fall through sanely", what is the fall through?  I had interpreted
> that to mean that it would look for a site_config.yml file, even if there is
> no SiteConfig directive in config.yml.  My first reaction was that I must
> have done something wrong, like misspelling site_config.yml. However, the
> real reason was that site_config.yml was not found until I explicitly put the
> SiteConfig directive into config.yml.
>
> Regarding hardcoding, what is being hardcoded?  SiteConfig is hardcoded in
> Jifty::Config.  And, nothing bad happens if etc/site_config.yml does not
> exist.  Maybe, my confusion of the hardcoding is due to my confusion about
> "fall through sanely".

Sorry. What I mean is that the SiteConfig and VendorConfig directives should end up in
Jifty::Config and shouldn't need to be written into config.yml.  (We do
this with a few other rules too).

Basically, adding them to config.yml by default adds clutter to the
configuration file for something that you should almost never want to
change. But it's possible have Jifty::Config mix the directives in at
runtime.

-j