[jifty-devel] state_variables handling in Jifty::Web

Sean E. Millichamp sean at enertronllc.com
Mon May 15 20:02:46 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 13:32 -0400, Alex Vandiver wrote:

> *nod*  What's possibly confusing is that redirects attempt to preserve
> all of the state of the request -- which can include things stored in
> the response, and thus are hard to serialize into the URL.

Yeah, I've had some trouble wrapping my head around some of the way
requests/responses are processed but that part makes sense - now that
you've explained it :).  I just committed the fix done as you suggested.

> I was doing some work (before Jifty's first release, so quite a while
> ago at this point) on storing partial actions in continuations, to make
> constructing multi-page actions and wizards and the like easier.  The
> code is still in place, but has no tests and hasn't been played with in
> quite some time, but I'll see if I can dig out an example or test file
> in my Copious Spare Time.

I did see the code, but it is marked as unfinalized and not to be used.
If you find an example or test I'd be curious to see it, but at this
point I'm not sure it would make sense to change from just using the
state variable.

Thanks,
Sean

--
 Sean E. Millichamp, Enertron LLC, 586-757-1200 x102